Bendix (FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd) Limited Warranty
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to the consumer guarantees that FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd must provide you under the Australian Consumer Law, FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd provides you with a limited warranty (this warranty) for Bendix products (the goods). This warranty expires either 12 MONTHS after the installation of the product or upon the expiration of the operation period recommended by the original equipment manufacturer for the vehicle/engine (whichever comes first).
What is covered by this warranty?
During the warranty period, FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd warrants the goods to be free from major defects and will replace goods with major defects at no charge to you.
FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd will bear its own costs and expenses of responding to your warranty claim. However, you must bear your own costs in making a warranty claim.
What is not covered by this warranty?
In relation to this warranty, FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd will not pay for claims:
- (a) made outside of the warranty period;
- (b) for consequential or indirect losses, damages, costs and expenses;
- (c) where the goods have not been installed in accordance with FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd instructions or in accordance with the vehicle, engine or equipment manufacturers’ recommendations;
- (d) where the goods have been modified or are otherwise not installed in their original condition; or
- (e) where the goods have been subject to inappropriate use, negligence, accident or any other external factor outside the control of FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd.
How to make a claim?
To make a warranty claim you must contact FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd directly on 1800 819 666 between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, by email at email@example.com or by post FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd, Elizabeth St, Ballarat VIC 3350, within 7 days of identifying the alleged defect and within the warranty period.
FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd may need to inspect the goods and may require you to provide FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd with the goods within 7 days.
Within 21 days of carrying out an inspection (if necessary) or otherwise within 21 days of the date of the warranty claim, FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd will determine whether or not to honour the warranty claim and will notify you.