Electronic Brake Wear Sensors
ELECTRONIC BRAKE WEAR SENSOR
Improved Driver Safety
Electronic Brake Wear Sensors are an added safety feature on many vehicles used to warn a vehicle’s driver when their brake pads are near the end of their service life.
Bendix’s range of Electronic Brake Wear Sensors are designed to be a direct OE replacement and cover over 900 applications.
Electronic Brake Wear Sensors are mounted on the brake pad on any combination of the four wheels, and may have sensors on 1 to 4 corners of the vehicle.
When the brake pad wears and the Electronic Brake wear sensor makes contact with the rotor, a warning is given, usually in the form of a light on the vehicles dashboard.
Wear sensors are designed to break or complete a circuit as the brake pad wears, and hence are not re-useable and need to be changed whenever the brake pads are replaced or the warning light indicates.
- »Electronic Brake Wear Sensors should be changed whenever the pads are replaced
- »If they have made contact with the rotor they cannot be reused
- »Even if they have not made contact they should still be replaced with every pad change
- - Materials become worn during their service life and can affect their functionality
- - To ensure performance throughout the life of the pads they should be replaced with a new sensor